IS IT POSSIBLE TO REMOVE TOXINS FROM YOUR BODY OVERNIGHT?
We all know a bit about the cleansing "health benefits" from eating certain foods, "super food" power drinks and vitamin supplements. There is even the use of essential oils to target specific ailments. We also know that at least a period of three months is required before any REAL
difference is noticed.
For quite a few months now, social media has inundated me with some truly amazing claims about the humble ONION
. The optimist in me wanted to research these testaments a little further (that's why I have named it "THE RED ONION CHALLENGE
"). The onion is said to have incredible powers of literally sucking up
toxins from the air around us as well as from our bodies if applied directly. (This is why a cut onion must be used immediately and not left on the kitchen bench or in the fridge for a few days - those nasty toxins are now in THAT onion). Who knew?THE RED ONION - CHALLENGE PROCEDURE
1. Buy a RED ONION
2. Cut the onion into 1cm thick slices.
3. Put on your most fitted socks.
4. Insert each onion slice so that it is sitting snugly in each sock at the arch of your feet.
5. Go directly to bed with the intention of being completely refreshed and cleansed of toxins by the morning. WHAT REALLY HAPPENED?
I literally did this LAST
night.... and here is a general rundown of how it all went.
1. The onion placement was a bit difficult due to the socks being so tight, but we got there in the end.
2. I could feel the onion sitting there at my feet, like an alien growth, I got used to it....eventually.
3. The warmth of my body in bed and perhaps the "oven like" circumstances of enclosed "onion" socks had me believing a baked dinner was being cooked....right there in my bedroom. Things were definitely heating up.
4. My poor unsuspecting Mr G
(I didn't tell him about my little experiment) spent the night believing he should have scrubbed his armpits a bit better that night. He even sniffed me apparently, to see if I
had the terrible "BO" he could smell. Yes people.... attaching onions to your feet does
smell a bit like bad Body Odour
5. I had the most terrifying dream about a girl screaming & I couldn't make her stop. I rarely have bad dreams, so this freaked me out a little. I did go back to sleep quite quickly afterwards... maybe that was the BAD TOXIC DEMONS
leaving my body?
6. Finally, I woke up at a decent Sunday morning hour (9:00am) feeling pretty good.
Did it work? I'm not quite convinced.
Will you try the Red Onion Challenge yourself? Let me know how you go.