Do you ever feel a little "washed out"... "invisible" .... "bland"...?
Lets face it - we ALL have a BLAH day every now and then. I am about to share the most simple of solutions that works a treat EVERY time:
LIPSTICK LIPSTICK LIPSTICK LIPSTICK LIPSTICK LIPSTICK
I'm not talking gloss or the sheer stuff either.... think instead.... Matte, full bodied, BOLD colour.
It will take a bit more than a quick slick:
- You should prepare your lips with a suitable base so the lippy has something to hold onto & will improve staying power.
- Use a lip pencil to define your preferred shape & lightly colour in the lip.
- Apply your lipstick with an applicator brush and blot if necessary.
You will notice that your face is instantly brighter and vibrant particularly if your hair colour is quite dark or the other extreme light. This helps to break up an overall "sickly" or "beige" look.
TIPS MY MUMMA TAUGHT ME
* Bold lip colour can require regular maintenance if you are eating or drinking throughout the day....
-STICK YOUR INDEX FINGER IN YOUR MOUTH UP TO THE SECOND KNUCKLE AND SLOWLY PULL IT OUT BETWEEN YOUR PARTIALLY CLOSED LIPS (I'm not kidding, this actually works to help prevent lipstick residue on your teeth - it gets left behind on your finger so don't forget to wash it off!!!!
- VASELINE - A light slick of vaseline on your teeth will help prevent build up on teeth too.
- IT IS QUITE OK TO APPLY LIPSTICK AT THE DINNER TABLE (The Queen does it too, just make sure you have a pretty compact and lipstick case as you apply discretely).
- LICK YOUR LIPS BEFORE YOU DRINK FROM A GLASS (Another Queen trick..doing so will help stop that tell-tale lipstick stain on your glass - this one I still need to master myself as I always forget to do it).
Have fun testing out these tips for yourself. Let me know how you go with it. x