CREATE THIS HEALTHY VEGETABLE SOUP IN UNDER 30MINS.
I know the days are heating up fast as we speed rapidly into Spring....but the afternoons, evenings and odd day or two still bear the cool reminders of winter. If you find yourself after a quick, warming and healthy snack...you can't beat this soup. I have also found it a great "go to
" meal for my daughter after painful visits to the orthodontist.
There are so many variations that you can add to this recipe, which keep it from getting boring, I thought I would share some of the basics with you. Enjoy....EASY PEASY VEGETABLE SOUP RECIPE - FOR THE RELUCTANT COOK
1 tbs olive oil
1 garlic clove
1 brocolli head
1 cup green beans
2 cups baby spinach
2 celery stalks
450g Four Bean Mix
800g tinned tomatoes
2L liquid chicken stockMETHOD
1. Roughly chop all vegetables, drain tinned beans.
2. Heat oil and caramelise leek, celery & garlic.
3. Add tinned tomatoes, beans and stock.
4. Bring to the boil and add the other vegetables. Season as desired.
5. Simmer for 15 minutes.THICK OR THIN?
We like our soup slightly thickened.... all you have to do is use the kitchen whiz and blend for a few seconds. The more you blend the more pureed the soup will be - the choice is yours. DO YOU WANT TO GET A LITTLE BIT FANCY?
* You can add any green vegetables to this mix. Frozen veges work well too. Eg: peas & corn.
* Thicken up the mix with a cup of pasta, quinoa, rice or risoni.
* Add diced cubes of chicken - you don't even have to cook it first. (Overall soup cooking time may increase slightly depending on how much chicken you add). PERFECT TOPPERS
* A generous scattering of Parmesan Cheese brings out the flavour of the vegetables.
* A generous dollop of thick basil pesto adds an interesting tang. (store bought is fine)ON THE SIDE
Freshly baked Sour Dough bread and pure butter.
Give it a go. Let me know what you think.