CREATE THIS WARM WINTER TREAT ALL BY YOURSELF
I'm the first to admit that I would rather go out for coffee & cake
than go to all that bother and mess myself, however.....a rainy Sunday and a couple of sad looking "brown" bananas found me in that foreign place called my "KITCHEN
After much success with this recipe, I thought I would share it with you. Enjoy....EASY PEASY BANANA BREAD RECIPE - FOR THE RELUCTANT BAKER
2 eggs beaten with 1/4 tsp vanilla essence
2 over ripe mashed bananas
125g softened butter
3/4 tsp bi-carb soda
185g brown sugar
1/2 tsp salt
250g plain flourMETHOD:
1. Preheat oven to 180 degrees celsius.
2. Cream butter & sugar in a double boiler. (two different sized pots will do)
3. Remove from heat & add eggs then mashed bananas.
4. Sift flour, salt and bi-carb soda.
5. Mix all ingredients well.
6. Pour into pre-greased loaf tin.
7. Bake for 20-25 minutes. I use a cake tester at the 20 minute mark, if it comes out clean then the banana bread can come out of the oven. DO YOU WANT TO GET A LITTLE BIT FANCY?
We added a handful of chocolate drops just before baking.
You can experiment with flavours by adding other bits like nuts and/or fruit.ENJOY ALL DAY
1. My daughter enjoys her banana bread toasted for breakfast.
2. Great with coffee for that much needed afternoon break.
3. Don't forget dessert.... heat in the micro for a couple of seconds & add icecream!