My favourite QUOTE OF THE MOMENT: " A good colour is not cheap & a cheap colour is not good".
A Facebook friend of mine recently enquired about the price of Hair Colour.
The simple fact is that most salons cannot give an ABSOLUTE pricing over the phone.
WHAT YOU NEED TO KNOW
1. THE REAL LENGTH OF YOUR HAIR - What is considered SHORT hair to a hairdresser is often very different to what a client describes as short hair. The more hair you have, the more you will pay due to product usage.
2. THE CONDITION OF YOUR HAIR - If your hair is NOT in top condition, more product or several procedures may need to be used. To retain a good colour for a lengthy period of time the hair needs to be prepared properly.
3. PREVIOUS AT-HOME COLOUR RESIDUE - Once again several procedures may be needed to strip the original colour. The colour will last longer and stay fresher.
4. A CHANGE FROM EXTREME DARK TO LIGHT (or reverse) - Obviously this form of colour change, if done correctly, will take a few procedures and sometimes over several weeks to perfect.
5. TYPES OF COLOUR APPLICATION - There are many different choices when it comes to hair colour. Semi permanent, permanent, roots only, full head, foils, dip dye (Ombre), balayage..... each choice can have an impact on pricing.
THE MOST IMPORTANT POINT OF ALL
6. PROFESSIONAL, EXPERIENCED STYLIST - You get what you pay for. All too often the results of inexperienced salon staff OR "do it yourselfers at home" can be quite traumatic.
Hair colour is a chemical. The incorrect chemical choice, mix or length of time on the scalp can have dire consequences if the user is inexperienced. We have all seen the horrific scenes of burnt scalps on several episodes of TV's Today Tonight.
WHAT MAY SEEM "EXPENSIVE" AT THE TIME.... COULD VERY WELL SAVE YOU THE "EXPENSE" OF HOSPITAL TRIPS OR LENGTHY COLOUR CORRECTIONS.