DID YOU GET THIS WEEKS MUST READ?SUNDAY STYLE - THE SUNDAY TELEGRAPH Ruby Warrington article pg 20/21
We are clearly evolving in a new direction.... the direction of "AGELESSNESS"
.... and I like it
.WHAT DOES THAT MEAN FOR ME?
Basically, you can NO LONGER
use your AGE
as an excuse to slip out of society and into the background!
Ruby sagely writes: "Youth is about the freedom to choose how you relate, the freedom to choose how you understand, the freedom to try new things, the freedom to make mistakes."
The article couldn't have come at a better time for me. In the midst of school holidays I was itching to join in on THE FUN STUFF
my kids were doing but felt a bit weird when ALL THE OTHER MUMS
seemed to be "sitting out" of any activity. I was brought up with an active, fun loving mum... so sitting out just isn't an option I even considered. So.... Horse Riding, Go Kart Racing, Messy Cupcake making, backyard picnics on the grass, silly videos (making & watching) have been some of our regular weekday events.
all about trying to be young again either.
As Ruby states: "It's about being youthfully present at any given age. In youth mode, you are infinite."
Give yourself permission to BE WHO YOU ARE, DO WHAT YOU WANT TO DO
. Live your life with ENTHUSIASM
.HOW DO I START?
IT'S ALL ABOUT THE ATTITUDE.....
1. Put those shoulders back (slouching inadvertantly depresses your mood), head up and smile.
2. Greet yourself in the mirror and say... "TODAY IS GOING TO BE A GOOD DAY."
3. Look the part - Just for fun, plan your hair/makeup & clothes to go with the occasion. For example: wear a plaid shirt to go horse riding or a T-Shirt that has a number printed on it to Go-Karting.
4. Make a list of some activities you can try that are a little out of your "COMFORT ZONE". Maybe there is something you have always wanted to attempt but you have held yourself back.
5. Have a plan - A basic itinerary each week mapped out is a great way to start, don't be too rigid about THE PLAN. Circumstances can change, so BE FLEXIBLE.
6. Be with people that make you feel relaxed and happy. Stress heads will only pass their stress onto you - it's catchy.
7. Hang out with mixed age groups. You can learn a lot from others this way & their particular outlook can open you up to new ways of thinking.
8. MOST IMPORTANT OF ALL
- LAUGH/GIGGLE/HAVE FUN - Life experiences are just that.... EXPERIENCES
. Enjoy yourself.GET GOING
Go on.... be creative with YOUR LIFE
. Participate and BE PRESENT